5th June 2020
Dear Alexander Park Family,
It has been great to see so many of you back enjoying the courts over the last few weeks and a warm welcome to our new members that have
joined us. We are seeing much greater numbers than before on all of our social hitting days with members enjoying the sunshine, fresh air
and exercise. We will be losing some of our grass courts for maintenance in the next few weeks so enjoy them while you can. Thank you for
being organised and arranging court hire though the club manager. Rules state that we must track everyone using the facility so please
continue to book courts if you are not part of the organised social groups. We are blessed to be in a State where our Covid-19 numbers are
under control at this time, but we appreciate your compliance of our regulations for everyone’s continued health and safety.
Clubhouse, Bar and Veranda
With Phase 3 of the governments regulations coming into effect on Saturday 6th June and further loosening on restrictions of numbers, we
are delighted to be able to invite you to once again enjoy the bar facilities at the club and as well as being able to enjoy some social
time with friends on the veranda! We will open from 3.30 – 8pm tomorrow Saturday 6th June with some restrictions applying.
Everyone using the facility needs to check-in. Please download any QR reader on your phone so that you can scan upon entering the
facility. If you are unsure how to do this, the bar staff can assist.
Drinks can be purchased from the bar but must be consumed while seated at a table. No sitting at the bar or standing on the
veranda with drinks. All the tables will be back on the veranda for Saturday and the clubhouse will be set up to allow for seating for
- Please feel free to bring something to eat on the veranda but no BYO alcohol as we are a licenced premise.
- We are operating a cashless system so please bring your membership cards and or a credit card.
- Please continue to observe social distancing guidelines.
- Only the disabled toilet will be open for use at this time.
Bar opening hours for the coming weeks
Thurs - 4.30 - 6.30pm
Fri - 3.30 - 8pm
Sat - 3.30 - 8pm
- Tuesday and Thursday Social - half hours sets from 1.30.
- Saturday Social – half hour sets starting at 1.30. Last organised set at 4.30.
- Names of players will be taken verbally and registered in the system when Ken and Brian are on duty.
- Please ensure social distancing when checking on court allocation.
A fee of $10 applies to social play days for non-members.The duty captain may need to restrict non-members if court availability is affected
as priority will be given to members.
- Gates will be left open so that there is no need to touch these surfaces. We will have one gate for entry and one for exit.
- Tennis balls will be provided for social play.
- You may enjoy the veranda after play, but no afternoon will be served.
General play and court bookings
All names must be recorded for those players using the club. If you have not already registered all players names
when booking your court, please register your name via text to Clare (0411 434 063) on arrival or advise your details at the office if it
is being manned.
- Sanitiser will be made available so please wash your hands on arrival before you sign in at the office or at the court entrance.
- We encourage all members to download the COVIDsafe app.
- Social distancing must be observed by all players and coaches
- The courts at Alexander Park will be open for group and private coaching, for singles and doubles play.
- Only one court can be booked per member for one hour.
Grass and hard courts are available for hire, however limited grass courts will be available to book on Tuesdays and Thursday during 1.30
- No court bookings available on Saturday from 1.30-4.00 due to lack of courts.
- A fee of $5 per hour applies to all non-members who are playing on a hired court with a member.
- Please bring your own tennis balls for private court hire.
- Please bring your own water bottle as the coolers will be taped off for sanitary reasons.
Hygiene and Safety
In additional to the above club regulations, we request that all members adhere to the advice from the Department of Health and do not
come to the club under the following circumstances -
- if you have been in contact with someone who has contracted the virus, you should seek medical advice immediately
- if you feel unwell or have a fever.
- If you have a confirmed case, you need to isolate yourself to prevent it spreading to other people.
Please practice good hygiene as a standard as the best preventative measures to avoid contracting COVID-19.
- Please wash your hands before and after playing tennis
- Frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue or into the crook of your arm, not your hand
- Avoiding touching your face during your games
- Avoiding physical contact with others including hand shaking.
- Practice social distancing.
We appreciate your continued patience, flexibility, and loyalty and are excited to see more of you at our beautiful club from this