11th March 2020
You will be aware of the considerable media coverage around the Coronavirus (COVID -19). We are following the guidelines
set down by the Federal and State Governments and the World Health Organisation, who are the experts in this matter. The latest advice from
the Department of Health (on Monday 9 March) is as follows:
if you have been in contact with someone who has contracted the virus, you should seek medical advice and isolate until you are clear of
symptoms for 14 days.
if you have travelled to or through China, Iran, South Korea or Italy in the past two weeks, please do not come to the Tennis Club for a
period of 14 days from the date of return to Perth.
The World Health Organisation has published recommended hygiene practices as the best preventative
measures to contracting COVID-19.
- Frequent washing of hands with soap and water before and after eating and after toilet visits
- Frequent use of alcohol-based hand sanitiser throughout the day
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue or into the crook of your arm, not your hand
- Avoiding hand to mouth contact
- Avoiding physical contact with others if you or they are unwell
Please visit the link below for a comprehensive information sheet provided by the Australian Government's Department of Health for more
(Covid-19) - what you need to know
As I’m sure you can appreciate, expert advice is changing very quickly as the virus develops, so we may need to amend these precautions. If
that occurs, I will communicate with you as soon as possible. Please contact our Club Manager Clare on 0438 395 424
if you have any queries or concerns or if you feel you may have been exposed to the virus.